Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Here's my story...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my name is Aleena. I am 16 years old turning 17 in December. Lately, I have been dealing with depression for a couple of months. This month I wanted to cut myself but I decided not to. Then about a week ago I started cutting myself and made it a goal to do it once a day. The reason is not because of attention, because I wanted to try it and it was addicting. I never really saw myself as depressed and especially suicidal. One of the things people can't see is how I'm so depressed and yet a Christian. I don't know why but its something that God wants me to strengthen in. I've been a Christian for almost 2 years now. I thought I would be happier which I was until the world crept inside of me. It's really hard for people to see a Christian depressed or even suicidal and see it as rare. Well I'm one of those rare occurrences. It's been awhile with this its been getting worse in my head. Only you guys know and some of my close friends. Although, I know I need to tell my parents since they know what's best of me. I know that God is right next to me waiting for me, because he loves me. This depression has gotten the worst of me. It has affected my style of music and thoughts. I'm here on this site because a lot of people can relate to the addiction and pain. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise, thanks for reading.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Aleena, and welcome to the community. :wave: Glad you found us.

It's really brave of you to open up to us like you have. *hug* It sounds like you're going through an awful lot and have been on quite a journey recently, and hopefully during your time here we can be of some help and comfort. Feel free to start a thread over in our Health & Wellbeing forum if you'd like to talk about things a bit more. We also have some guidelines around talking about self-harm which might be worth a quick look.

I'm Mike by the way, one of the moderators you'll see popping up here and there. See you around. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.