Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Job interview on Friday: SO Nervous cause of my last expeirnce of interviews

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So i have a job interview on Fri 16th June at 1;30pm for a job in a nursery which I'm really nervous about.
​This is because when I had my job interview back in Oct 2015 time for my job in retail I fainted during the interview even after my teacher giving me some advice on how to deal with being nervous and how to be confident.
​anyone able to give me some advice to deal with these nerves
​thanks

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aah, interviews are too scary for my liking as well. :rolleyes:

Something that really helps me is making sure I take the time I need to articulate myself and think about things. Don't feel you need to rush through it or come up with an answer to their questions that very second. If it helps, take a breath, take a drink, ask them to repeat the question, etc.

Another thing is remember the interviewers are often nervous too. If you've never been on an interview panel that might sound really odd, but there's just as much pressure on them to exude confidence and professionalism as there is for you. You're there to get to know each other; it's a chance for you to decide whether you want to work for them as much as it is for them to decide if they want to employ you.

Also, and I know this is really cliché, but be yourself. Your character and personality can sell you just as much if not more than your qualifications and knowledge, so don't be afraid to show it.

It's okay to be nervous, of course. Your interviewers know the pressure of interviews and they'll take that in to account. :)

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

tumblr_n4fkyi9suN1qdwrtpo1_400.gif
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Laura. How did it go ? X
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Shaunie. it went okay thanks, I was really nervous but somehow managed to get through it.
    ​Hi Aidan, think it went okay, I hope so but cant be sure