Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Unconscious Bias

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Unconscious bias happens by our brains making incredibly quick judgments and assessments of people and situations without us realising. These things are usually influenced by race, background, class of life, personal experiences and even gender.

The buzz feed yellow has made it very clear in the video of how unconscious bias works.

What particular race they are and the pictures they categorise are a mixture of European American and African American. This shows the people that take this test what their minds think of certain people without even noticing it.
You can take the test from the video

Click Here to the test that is shown in the video.

What did you think your results would be and was you surprised by it?
This was my result from the test

Your data suggest no automatic preference between Black people and White people.
This is my results from the test I happy with my results cause I know I’m not bias when it comes to race or colour because I feel everyone’s equal and everyone is different in their own ways. I would never be bias on someone because of their race or just be more on one side because of their colour.