About this forum (Health & Wellbeing)
but you should also remember the
registration rules you agreed to
when joining these boards.
Welcome to Health & Wellbeing
This is a safe space is to talk about anything related to mental or physical health as well as general wellbeing. There are a few things to bear in mind:
1. You are free to talk about anything related to your mental or physical health. But it's important to remember that what you say will have an effect on other people. For this reason, please leave out anything too descriptive (such as weight measurements) or graphic (such as self-harm methods). We have separate guidelines for talking about self-harm, which are worth a read too.
2. If you have a question you can also try doing a search first by using the white search bar in the top right hand corner of the page, or by looking at The Mix's own Mental Health info or Your Body section.
3. You CAN NEVER be given an accurate diagnosis over the internet. You need to be examined by a qualified medical professional, and may also need clinical tests. Please take any advice you are given on public message boards with a pinch of salt - do not trust it until you have confirmed it with your nurse or doctor.
4. Book an appointment with your GP or Ring up NHS 111 if there's anything you're really worried about.
5. We promote healthy eating at The Mix, but not obsessive dieting (especially 'miracle', fad or crash diets). Many of our members suffer from eating disorders, so no diet stuff please. Competitive content, detailed accounts of exercise or content that can be considered pro-eating disordered will also be removed. We promote healthy eating here but not obsessive dieting. Please avoid sharing details about your specific weight, calorie counts or any behaviours (such as what or how much you've been eating or drinking). Instead we encourage you to focus on your feelings.
6. Finally, the group environment is not a safe place to talk about suicidal feelings as it can be very distressing for others and we are not set up to offer support in a crisis. The moderator will suggest that you use more appropriate services such as Samaritans or Papyrus.
If you are new to The Mix boards
Head to our Start Here section where you'll find a load of useful info on what this place is about and how to get started.
Questions/suggestions/corrections? Get in touch