Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Introduce yourself

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome to The Mix boards Annie :)
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome Annie :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi. I'm Rox and I'm really new. I'm 19 and I'm working. I don't really know what else to say tbh.

I like listening to music, reading books, writing stories, and like most typical teenagers, browsing the world wide web.

I think that's all I can say for now.
    hello, my name is megan but i prefer meg, i am 19 years old and i am currently in a bad place and im pushing people away and i just think i need someone to speak to who i dont know as i think thats the best way to get things off your chest.
    I would like to speak to someone who has the same general interest so i can just take my mind off of a few things going on at the moment.
    i would like some help and id like to give some advice if i can help anyone also!
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    @megbam Welcome to the forums Meg, I'm one of the moderators here, hope you find everything your after! :wave:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Welcome Meg :wave:
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Welcome to the boards Meg, feel free to post your own thread about anything you'd like to talk about :yes:
    My name is Zach I am 13 um... I have had a rough 2016 I have had 4 teeth out under general anaesthetic and a brain operation (a third ventrisculoptomy) also, obviously under general anaesthetic. I enjoy anime (a Japanese 'cartoon') and my hobbies are ice skating... Nope that's about it I like rock climbing kayaking and sailing but I rarely get to do any of them so I wouldn't really call them hobbies... Well that's my life...
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    hey zach, welcome to the boards, let us know if you need anything at all, feel free to start your own thread about anything you'd like to talk about :yes:
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Closeted :) welcome to TheMix boards. There is also a sub-forum for Christmas which is quite cool and feel free to start your own thread if you are looking for support :)
    Hi Zach welcome to The Mix :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi, I'm Jasmine. I'm fourteen and I am suffering from OCD, anxiety and depression :) I love music (rock, pop-punk, post-hardcore,) supernatural and reading. I would like to study psychology when I'm old enough. I would like top become a therapist or an author
    Hello everyone I am Brandon I'm 22 living in north yorkshire working in a factory making car parts which I don't particularly enjoy. I suffer with anxiety, depression and Panic attacks hoping to find some support on here
    Hi,
    My name is Katie, I'm 17 and I'm studying psychology, english language and design at college.
    I'm always stressing about something and it makes me majorly sad and feel depressed.
    I actually found out about this website by annotating a discussion board from here and it made me want to join in so I could maybe get some help with my mental issues.
    I have a really bad habit of putting myself down, I hate my body and probably everything else about me.
    I'm usually quite a happy person but the stress of college makes me unhappy and I lose my happiness.
    I hope I'll be able to get some advice on how to finally like myself and maybe make some new friends.
    Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this.
    Katie x
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    :wave: Hi Jasmine and Katie,

Welcome to the mix, hope you find what your looking :d
    Hi, I am Erica, 17, will be going to college next year. I suffer from chronic migraines, making it hard to do some of the things I may enjoy, and this then hinders my ability to enjoy some of the things I can do. I also have an irregular hormone condition that I am trying to get under control, but it takes time. I am confused by my emotions and can never truly verbalize them to others when I need to and I also can have symptoms that are close to OCPD, but I have not been diagnosed with that at this time.
    Hi Erica :wave:

Welcome to the boards! Feel free to browse our forums and start a new thread if you wish :)
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Welcome Erica
    [FONT=comic sans ms, cursive]Hola people, my name is Jasmine but my friends call me by my last name so I guess you guys can call me Rox or Rocky if you want. I'm new if you didn't realize but it's whatever.[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, cursive]I just turned 14 on the 13th so that's awesome. I'm sarcastic as fudge nuggets and I'm a really chill person. I love Green Day, Netflix, books, Wattpad, reading, writing, photography, and cheering is my life. Soooooo yeah, hey guys. :wave:

I'm also still trying to get used to this site and all it's magical wonders so please bear with me lol :p[/FONT]
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hi welcome,

Harriet
    r.xox wrote: »
    [FONT=comic sans ms, cursive]Hola people, my name is Jasmine but my friends call me by my last name so I guess you guys can call me Rox or Rocky if you want. I'm new if you didn't realize but it's whatever.[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms, cursive]I just turned 14 on the 13th so that's awesome. I'm sarcastic as fudge nuggets and I'm a really chill person. I love Green Day, Netflix, books, Wattpad, reading, writing, photography, and cheering is my life. Soooooo yeah, hey guys. :wave:

I'm also still trying to get used to this site and all it's magical wonders so please bear with me lol :p[/FONT]

Welcome to the boards
    Hope you are finding your way around

I just wanted to point out your post is a little hard to read because of the font and italic (I don't know if it's a little hard for others to read too) but it is for me.

Steph x
    Hi Jasmine, welcome to the boards :)
    Hi everyone,

I'm Emily, I'm 25 and am just starting as a boards mod - I'm interested in helping people, singing, travelling and cooking!
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Great to meet you hope to see you around
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the team Emily :D
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    Hello,

My name is Dimitris and I am here to look for info regarding teaching English in China :)
    Welcome Dim

Are going out to China? My sisters friend has been out to China to work in a school and then she travelled she came back for Christmas but has now gone back out now.
    hi :wave: my name is [amy]

REFRANCE

anyway so hi ummm..... dont know what to say really. im here because i hade allot of problems with people in my school in my past, cutting myself and i really dislike my mum. i know thats sounds like im just a typical tenn and stuff but im really finding this a hard time soo yep.

bye
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    ihatelife wrote: »
    hi :wave: my name is [amy]

REFRANCE

anyway so hi ummm..... dont know what to say really. im here because i hade allot of problems with people in my school in my past, cutting myself and i really dislike my mum. i know thats sounds like im just a typical tenn and stuff but im really finding this a hard time soo yep.

bye

Hey Amy,

Welcome to the boards. I'm Elle, nice to meet you. It sounds like you're really finding life difficult at the moment (no you don't sound like a typical teenager). It might help you to start your own new thread in one of the other forums, to get some more focused advice on your different problems.

See you around.
    Elle.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Hey Amy,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

Here you can talk about anything you're going through and get advice from our lovely community :) Like Elle mentioned, feel free to start a thread about anything you're going through, we're all here for you :)