Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

need help with my story

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys, I'm trying to re-write a story I wrote a while ago.

Basically there is a married couple. The women is a professional dancer but her husband is an abusive alcoholic.
One night the women has a tragic accident which leaves her wheelchair bound. Because she is unable to dance anymore her husband beats her up and kicks her out the house. But later on she meets a guy who is mute but he takes her in a looks after her.

However near the end we find out he is a angel and he is there to help her learn to cope with her disability.
They are spending Christmas together and he tells her to make a wish (not tell him what it is.)
When he wakes up he finds he is able to speak as that was her wish........

My problem is that most of the story he is going to be mute so how do I write what he talks about via signing and writing but how will I get this to work in my story?

Thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know if you still have this problem but...

Try putting his thoughts in italics before the action or after the action, to make it clear what he is trying to say to the reader?

Like this: (But I don't know how to do italics on here)
    Jayden jumped up and down, waving his arms about, a serious expression on his face. 'No! Please don't do that!'

I'm not a writer by any means, but there's my suggestion :)