Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Blogging- Inspiration/ideas?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey,

So I currently have two private blogs, where I write about my volunteering experiences, and also more personal stuff, like a journal online.

I really love writing, and I remember when I was growing up I used to write lots of short stories. I wanna blog more but I am lacking inspiration on what to blog about. I want to create a public blog.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this, and if they have any tips on how to get started.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Finding the format which works for you - sometimes you have to try a lot of things which work for your content and your readers. Don't be afraid to try new things and ask for feedback.
    Try to embed yourself in a community that writes about similar things to you - they will be able to link to your blog and you to theirs so you get more traffic.
    Update on a certain day or every x number of days - predictability helps. Don't leave it too long between posts, but don't post too frequently then peter out. Again, find what works for you.
    If you want to write about mulitple things, maybe keep one blog but make sure you tag them properly so if readers only want to read about part a, for example, they can easily do that and don't have to scroll through loads of other posts about something they are not interested in.
    Have a 'continue reading' thing on your main page so you can have say, the first 2 lines of each post and then the reader can scroll through. It keeps it less cluttered and they can choose which to read. Again have a play around with this - it might not work for your readers.
    Have a social media presence but don't just post links to your blog. Again, this will help build up people seeing your blog.

I used to blog regularly for several years until 2011 and had a fair bit of success with it. I was well integrated into a community and made lots of friends that I still see now, too :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for the tips plugitin :heart:

I have some ideas on what to blog about. Just unsure how to get started. But will take on board what you've said.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "