Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Create and share your vision board!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Having a visual representation of what you're aiming for and what's really important to you in your life can be a powerful tool to help you get there :yes:

Visualising it gives you something to aspire to, something to motivate you.

Why not follow the instructions below and have a go at creating your own vision board and share a photo of it here? As we approach the end of 2015 you might like to use it to think about what you'd like to achieve next year or you might like to focus on longer term goals.

Attachment not found.

Here's how to do it (you'll need about an hour with some paper, pens, magazines and glue)

Step 1
Settle down in a quiet place with no interruptions. Have a think about some of the following questions:

If there were no obstacles at all, what would I love to achieve in the next 1, 3, 5, 10 years?
What would I love to be involved with?
What is my ideal scenario?
Where will I be living?
What job will I be doing?

Step 2
Get creative! Get yourself some paper, pens, glue, magazines and start cutting out words or images that match your goals and start sticking them to a large piece of paper or card or on a pin board.

Step 3
Once you're done, think about where you'll keep your board. You might take a photo of it and make it your screensaver, print it out and fold it up in your diary or bedside drawer, put it up on your bedroom wall - whatever works for you to keep it alive and in your mind.

Step 4
Share it here and help inspire others and tell us what it was like to do it!

It's down to you to achieve these things, they are unlikely to just happen one day or fall into your lap and some will be easier than others but finding our focus and motivation can help you start making decisions to help you get there rather than hold you back.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your creations
:hyper:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :wave:

I really wanted to do this but I don't really have any magazines or anything around so I've done an online version! Not very creative but I think it sums up my vision :)

Attachment not found.

I agree that visualising and positive thinking are real motivators :yes:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    raich wrote: »
    :wave:

I really wanted to do this but I don't really have any magazines or anything around so I've done an online version! Not very creative but I think it sums up my vision :)

Attachment not found.

I agree that visualising and positive thinking are real motivators :yes:

What did you use to make this? :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

What did you use to make this? :heart:

I used Foto Talisman :)
    raich wrote: »

I used [URL="http://fototalisman.com/en/wishmap"]Foto Talisman[/URL] :)

Thank you so much :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Attachment not found.

Here is my vision board. I actually really enjoyed creating it, and it has given me something to focus on for the future. :heart:
    Attachment not found.

Here is my vision board. I actually really enjoyed creating it, and it has given me something to focus on for the future. :heart:

Love it! :heart:
    These are awesome! Thanks for finding that online tool @raich :yes:

Where are you guys going to keep you boards so that you can look at them and be reminded of your motivations?
    Think it shall just be staying on my computer.. But I'm on it all the time soooo @Jo7
    Jo7 wrote: »
    These are awesome! Thanks for finding that online tool @raich :yes:

Where are you guys going to keep you boards so that you can look at them and be reminded of your motivations?

I've put it as my screensaver on my laptop :)
    Any more vision boards for 2016?! Could be a nice thing to do to reflect on the year and what you want from the year ahead :yes:
    I am going to add my vision board as my screen saver I think that's a brilliant idea. I wanted to print it off but don't have a printer. So may have to settle for my screen saver. :heart: