Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What would you serve if you went on "Come Dine With Me"?

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
If you were a contestant on "Come Dine With Me?" what would you serve. It could be anything you like, you don't have to know how to cook at it.

Whats your starter, main course and dessert?

Bon appetit! :p

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hmm...... need to think!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    This really makes you ponder, like I would want a full vegan pallet. Something studenty (Thats not a word, but still) ? Beans on toast? :P Hahaha, I know students eat more than that, like Vegan Sticky pudding is to die for, it is like the best thing ever, (That as a desert)

For starters: Something with falafel? :P Falafel are like a bae, like home-made falafel, I would have Vegan nibbles.

Main, something like Vegan bangers and mash? Or maybe even something with mock mince? Or Tofu, vegan curry? Theres like lodes, hahaha, will need to get back to you, have you decided on what you would want to serve yet?
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Starter: prawn, chicken and avocado salad type thing
    Main: Grilled chilli salmon with ginger rice (because that's about the poshest thing I can cook and still mess it up!)
    Dessert: Something chocolatey. Or a mousse.

I have no idea what goes together. I'd serve it all with white wine and hope for the best! Luckily I don't have to do posh cooking often.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    plugitin wrote: »
    Starter: prawn, chicken and avocado salad type thing
    Main: Grilled chilli salmon with ginger rice (because that's about the poshest thing I can cook and still mess it up!)
    Dessert: Something chocolatey. Or a mousse.

I have no idea what goes together. I'd serve it all with white wine and hope for the best! Luckily I don't have to do posh cooking often.

Avacado salads are like the best thing ever, I love you just because you mentioned avocado! And rice, omg <3 - I adore mushroom rice, like I make a mean Vegan mushroom rice xD

But I get what you mean, like what actually goes with this, can people have this after having the main, etc xD Thankfully I'm a student I'll eat anything after anything even if it doesn't go together, like have you ever tried Avocado ice cream? It is vile xD Like all I had at home was alpro cream and Avacado and it was like, this should be fine, like we found the recipe on like a recipe website, just like we must of forgot the sugar or something xxxD But like it has a salty taste, like too much salt, maybe? xxD Wasn't menna have any salt, ahhahah! '#StudentIssues

But Prawn, Salmon and Mouse sound like they all go together, I think xxD
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Awesome ideas guys!

I was thinking for me:

Starter- lentil soup and my favourite mini bread rolls (just shop bought from ASDA :p)
    Main Course- Lasagne OR Phildelphia Chicken with rice
    Dessert- Definitely something chocolate

I don't cook much but would love to create my own recipes (right this is my aim for over the Christmas holidays)

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd do.. like a tapas (olives, sundried tomatoes, artisan bread, cheese) etc then a beef wellington for main with proper creamy mash and to finish a hot chocolate brownie with icecream! Yum :)