Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

F lux

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
F dot Lux is being able to control the light intensity of one's computer screen, and, be in full control of its settings so that come evening after the sun sets, the screen dims slightly to naturally adjust to your eyesight, thus reducing eyestrain and allowing you to find sleep more naturally. The blueish light your devices emit could be responsible for causing headaches and insomnia, confusing the brain at night thinking it's still daylight, keeping one awake. This software that is free, completely free, will eliminate that. And it can be turned off when you are viewing images. The symbol lies in your systems tray. Very hand and unobtrusive.

Right-clicking my mouse on the systems tray makes f.lux easy to manipulate according to the time of day/lighting whether I am using tungsten lighbulbs, halogen or fluorescent. A lovely soothing display screen colour that is ideally suited according to your settings, f.lux will ask for your zip code and a couple of questions as to what computer you are using. They won't spam you, and never ask for your email address. As for my headache and eyestrain I was suffering BEFORE downloading this handy software - its gone.

There aren't many things in our cyber world that are free, but f.lux is one of them.

ETA: fLux is a VALID link. Yet, thesite prevents me, once again, from posting this link direct. How bloody maddening! grumpy.gif Just Google up f dot lux and when you see the site Just Get Flux, that is it.