Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

6 months clean of speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,my name is Sandra. I was wondering if anyone could help me by answering a question about after effects from using speed. I have been clean of doing speed. I only did it for under 2 months but now since i have been clean i am finding that i grind my teeth and chatter from time to time. This really hurts me at times. Is this normal or whats going on? Does anyone have any feedback on why this is happening. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out. Almost 6 months ago I was sexually assaulted and beaten up pretty bad.This was when I was 6 days clean. The loser that did this to me also punched me in the face and jaw numerous times. Could this be related to me grinding my teeth. I am going to court soon to testify and am very anxious at times as well. Please help me if anyone has any feedback on what is happening to me.

Sandra

Comments

• Options
    I'd say that it's probably unrelated to speed at this point, it sounds like withdrawal symptoms but after 6 months (and only two months on it) this would be unlikely. I'd suggest maybe it's anxiety related, after the assault that happened. Have you got much support from the police at all? Or any family?
  • Options
    clean for 6 months

I have not had any support from the police what so ever. Victim services just called me this week. My family and counsellor have been great support for me. I have o go to court on the 27th of this month to testify. I want to know why this is happening. im going to see my doctor again next week to see what she thinks.she wasnt my doctor when the assault happened. i am going to start to go to meetings for more support. Nobody helped me get off of the drug, I did it cold turkey. I wish I could quit smoking like this.

Sandra
  • Options
    Really good news to hear you're getting some support from victim services, your family and counsellor. Leaning on this support over the next few weeks and during the court case is going to be really important.

Coming off the speed is a huge achievement too, good on you :)

Lots of luck with the new doctor, let us know how you get on. *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Sandra I'm very sorry to hear what has happened to you. If you ever want to vent let it it do let me know 🙂 When I suffering from extreme ptsd my dentist noticed that I was grinding and chipping my teeth which was worrying. I stated to put in teeth whitening moulds without the teeth whitening of course and that stopped me from doing it for a while and a lot less than the dentist expected from £650 for a custom moth tray!!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Acat,

We tend not to post in old or 'dead' threads for a few reasons, so I've closed this one. You can find out a bit more about our community rules (or netiquette) in our Good Manners Guide. I've copied the relevant excerpt below:
    New and old posts

It's a good idea to check the date that an old thread was started or was most recently added to. As a general rule, anything over a couple of months old can be considered 'dead' and is best being left in its grave. Old threads are left as a reference point - if you are reading them and find something interesting you would like to discuss, you could start a new thread about it.

Four reasons for this:
    1. If the thread is asking for advice, any help will be useless after a certain length of time because the problem will have been dealt with.
    2. Older posters get frustrated because they saw the thread the first time round, and have to read through it again to check they haven't replied before and that they aren't repeating another poster's comment.
    3. Newer posters get confused by all the old and ex posters who originally replied to the thread.
    4. The original poster might not want old issues being brought up and bringing back potentially bad memories/feelings.

Before you start a new thread on anything, check previous pages on the board to make sure nobody has posted a similar question recently. It is possible that the answer to your question is already there, and you won't need to make a new post. People are willing to give advice but will obviously be annoyed if no-one else bothers to read it and they have to give up their time answering the same question for another poster. It is also pointless for a poster to repeat their question or topic by starting a new thread.

That said, you're of course more than welcome to kick off your own thread about this if you'd like to. :)

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.