Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Festival snack ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The festival I'm going to will be serving all sorts of food apparently like pizzas, pastas, vegetable curries, etc which I'm pretty excited about because I don't have to have burgers, etc due to my 'health kick'.

But I'm looking to take some snacks with me to save a bit of money. Ideally low calorie.
Was thinking about taking some rice cakes with little plastic pots of peanut butter and seedless jam. But does anyone else have any good ideas for healthy snacks which are more portable for my festival backpack?

P.S. Please don't say fruit because that will go off fast.

Comments

• Options
    Dried fruit. Cereal bars. Biscuits. A carrot or two.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    If you get graze, then some packs of those.

Or the packs of nuts and seeds kind of things you can get in Aldi. I have some cashew and raisin ones, then some purely nutty ones. Take an elastic band to re-seal and the pack should last a while.

Or cereal bar kind of things? You could even make your own and then wrap individually if you want to portion control them tightly.
  • Options
    Cereal bars - I'm currently on white chocolate and strawberry tesco ones. Something like 75p for a pack of 6 ha.
  • Options
    I usually take 25g of almonds and carrot bags to work with me so I may do that. I may have a look at a couple of cereal bars at Holland and Barrett as well.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. :)
  • Options
    Just discovered this site

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/wellbeing/galleries/34766/are-cereal-bars-healthy

May be useful for others. :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Funnily enough, we've just made a video about this Wavy! (great minds ;) )
    Take a look:
  • Options
    I'm looking for meals I can make at a festival that don't involve tomatos, pork, eggs or pasta...running out of options! Bloody fussy MrRiot!!!
  • Options
    That video is awesome James.

I happened to shop around today and buy a couple of Oat & Honey granola bars, along with a couple of packets of dried mango, and couple of packs of oatcakes accompanied with a small container of peanut butter. And for drinks, I've taken a few Cadbury Highlights pouches and a LOAD of green tea bags, and I'll just buy some hot water for them.

Thank you for your suggestions guys.
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I'm looking for meals I can make at a festival that don't involve tomatos, pork, eggs or pasta...running out of options! Bloody fussy MrRiot!!!

How about curry (you can by a little pot of paste and add whatever meat or veg you want) and rice? Or cous-cous is a good simple one - make up a herb/spice mix at home and then cook some chicken breasts and/or veg on a camping stove and add them ...
  • Options
    Nuts are a great one to graze on. Also cereal bars, like everyone's said. :) Best to avoid anything that could melt or get messed up by heat!