Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's what limited profiles are for.

Create a group of friends called limited profile. Massively limit what they can see on your profile.

Sorted
  • Options
    *sighs* I just can't be bothered with ANYTHING. Don't know why! Can't even be bothered to PM a certain Mr. Strubbs back :no: sorry!
    Xx

pah! That's probably because you are unhappy with your bf, go reconcile with your gf. okok, i will stop manipulating your relationship ;p
  • Options
    Exams fml.
  • Options
    That's what limited profiles are for.

Create a group of friends called limited profile. Massively limit what they can see on your profile.

Sorted

This might just work. She is about a hundred years old and wouldn't know if I don't post much.
  • Options
    headaches and men and depression and parents and being under-appreciated at work and chemical misconceptions and a concentration span the size of a fly's anus.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    pah! That's probably because you are unhappy with your bf, go reconcile with your gf. okok, i will stop manipulating your relationship ;p

Haha xD I would if she had a nice fringe ;) Haha
    Xx
  • Options
    Haha xD I would if she had a nice fringe ;) Haha
    Xx

aww, this one is apparently all about the inner values :p
  • Options
    My friend has just come to my room and demanded that I go swimming with her. So far I am lacking a swimsuit and the ability to swim.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    My friend has just come to my room and demanded that I go swimming with her. So far I am lacking a swimsuit and the ability to swim.

skinny dipping all the way! everyone can swim. just hold your breath with full lungs and float around on your back until you hit the edge of the pool.
  • Options
    skinny dipping all the way! everyone can swim. just hold your breath with full lungs and float around on your back until you hit the edge of the pool.

It ended up with me in the swimsuit I bought for school aged ten doing an asthmatic doggy paddle. Although I now feel I may have done something towards burning off the 7 doughnuts I ate yesterday?

EDIT: I've also just blowdried my newly dyed hair and it is now ginger/green. I look like an orange and lime tictac :(
  • Options
    It ended up with me in the swimsuit I bought for school aged ten doing an asthmatic doggy paddle. Although I now feel I may have done something towards burning off the 7 doughnuts I ate yesterday?

EDIT: I've also just blowdried my newly dyed hair and it is now ginger/green. I look like an orange and lime tictac :(

Where the heck do you go swimming anyway at this hour?

You fit in a swimsuit you had when you were ten years old? wow.

You probably burned the first bite of the first doughnut ;P
  • Options
    Where the heck do you go swimming anyway at this hour?

You fit in a swimsuit you had when you were ten years old? wow.

You probably burned the first bite of the first doughnut ;P

Well I'd finished my revision for the evening, so it really seemed a good idea, before I got in the pool.
    And I didn't fit into the swimsuit, I had a massive wedgie, and ended up popping out :blush: But it was only me and my friend in the pool so all was good in the hood.

I'm sure I managed more than the first bite, maybe the first doughnut?
  • Options
    Well I'd finished my revision for the evening, so it really seemed a good idea, before I got in the pool.
    And I didn't fit into the swimsuit, I had a massive wedgie, and ended up popping out :blush: But it was only me and my friend in the pool so all was good in the hood.

I'm sure I managed more than the first bite, maybe the first doughnut?

Where is that pool? Does your friend have her private one? or is it in uni, or I have no idea?

OF course, the skinny dipping was more on the jokey side, but if it was my friends private pool and I didn't have bathing clothes I would just go in naked.

/e: fitting in a swimsuit for ten year olds might not even be that hard, depending on how old you are :p I think I recall from somewhere that you are quite young.
  • Options
    Where is that pool? Does your friend have her private one? or is it in uni, or I have no idea?

OF course, the skinny dipping was more on the jokey side, but if it was my friends private pool and I didn't have bathing clothes I would just go in naked.

/e: fitting in a swimsuit for ten year olds might not even be that hard, depending on how old you are :p I think I recall from somewhere that you are quite young.

The wonders of boarding school, having a free gym and swimming pool right on your doorstep!

Aparently we had to swim lengths, rather than just piss around in the shallow end, so I don't think she'd've been too pleased with any skinny dipping :D
  • Options
    sent a really polite email to my seminar leader asking when our essays would be back because i wanted to revise from it and use the feedback (exam for it is on the 17th). it has been a month since we handed them in so it's not completely weird of me to email at this point.

she just replied 'i will send an email when the essays are ready for collection, best (seminar leader name).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. 3rd year. panicking. my last topic to revise too and she knows the exam is on the 17th
  • Options
    :eek: i would have fainted! my dad did something very similar but it was because of a door. he had a very very slight scar so hopefully it wont be wonky for you

yeah, i nearly did :sour: lost so much blood!! i went to the doctor actually because it wouldnt stop bleeding and he said that it would stop eventually on its own, but cuz i cut such a large chunk off it wont grow back fully :(
    so wonky finger it is!! :(
  • Options
    because I can't get hold of the girl of interest I asked her out about boyfriend situation etc. Apparently, she never had a guy she'd really call a boyfriend, only little things on the side or she wasn't really emotionally involved with.

Kinda explains that I get no feedback at all.

Currently confessing to her in facebook chat. A new all time low, but what can I do. I rather have a bright red REJECTED on my forehead than a silent retreat.

This will go so horribly wrong, apologies already for my bed mood and cynical behavior on your threads for the upcoming week.

/e: Oh yea, she went offline.

/e2: oh god, she's not... she replied... I AM SITTING ON NEEDLES HERE. oh holy damn.
  • Options
    Its ok Strubbs hang in there!!
  • Options
    Every reply takes 3-4 minutes. I am dying here.
  • Options
    tell her about your jackson balls, that'll swing it for her.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    tell her about your jackson balls, that'll swing it for her.

I rather save the surprise for when I bagged that.

you know, never divulge that you are a millionaire when you try to pull. Give it to her as a bonus, because she chose you.
  • Options
    never heard that one. Has she replied yet? I'd like direct quotes please, I want to see what has actually been written on both sides.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    never heard that one. Has she replied yet? I'd like direct quotes please, I want to see what has actually been written on both sides.

Oh god this is embarrassing, but I'm tipsy, and I can still edit it out next day, right?

Oh wait, things speeding up for a bit. It's so much easier with music in the background, wow... and alcohol in the veins

transcript follows.
  • Options
    I just wonder if she seriously wants to try this out and see where it leads, or if she is just too chicken to say "no" and from now on I will slowly starve to death and always keep saying to myself, "come on, hang in there, it's worth it!" ;_;

/e: k she's gone. Guess it ran better than expected, but still not satisfying. I don't know, we'll see. Strubbles never stops doubting.
  • Options
    matt :heart:
  • Options
    Aw Matt, what happened? Are you going to go out or what? I want to slap her!
  • Options
    I got a text from Mr. Strubbs this morning (well, at 1:09) saying they've agreed to work at it... Well, agreed to see what will develop.

I'm sure you he wont mind me telling ya'll that.

Good luck with it Matt :thumb:
    Xx
  • Options
    Aw Matt, what happened? Are you going to go out or what? I want to slap her!

yea, and I want to spank her.
    I got a text from Mr. Strubbs this morning (well, at 1:09) saying they've agreed to work at it... Well, agreed to see what will develop.

I'm sure you he wont mind me telling ya'll that.

Good luck with it Matt :thumb:
    Xx

Great, you just ruined my grand finale. But you are forgiven, because you've been woken up by a whiny text. Alright, I am at uni now, but I'll give you a short summary of what we talked about and you play judge and tell me I am mad and only grasping at straws. anyway, back to work.
  • Options
    paraphrased transcript:

So after some chat I asked her if she has a boyfriend (even tho I know she does not), she said, no, she has neither the time nor the nerves *g* (<- a giggle/grin).

She basically has to work overtime all the time, because there is so much work to do, and all the time people are on sick leave.

I asked her how long she was single for, she said she had something going on in october but one couldn't call that a relationship and then asking how my situation was.

I gave her my answer and asked when she had her last steady boyfriend, to which she answered she never really reckoned them as steady, because she never had something long term.

I said, I never had long term stuff either. My longest relationship was about 2 months and cynics may not even count that as a relationship, so I asked her if she had someone for a few weeks/months at a time, to which she said, "yea, when I was 14 *g*" and that it lasted for a few months, but she didn't quite count it, because she wasn't in it with her heart.

I wondered if she generally disapproves of boyfriend and relationship or if it just never happened, to which she answered yea, you could say it was just never right.

So I don't know what her deal is. I mean she is hot, B-A can attest to that. I just don't understand what I am getting into.

Ok, so I found some hope, thinking she maybe had so little relationships, because she is so oblivious of people fancying her, I was tired of the chasing with so little progress and decided I put all my eggs in one basket and said

I am not sure if you realized, but I was interested in you. It's just damn hard to reach you :) Understandable with your working hours.
    and
    I know this is incredibly lame over facebook, but I could hardly see you in person, oh well, now you know that I have a crush on you.
    *5 minutes pause*
    I guess you are a bit overwhelmed by that now.

she, "A bit, but I don't think it's lame :)"

me, "I just didn't fine another chance. So what do you think about us trying it?" (there is no good translation, but I guess you understand)

she, "the problem is i am pretty unsure of a lot of things at the moment."

"what do you mean?"

"What I want, how I reach it, and how I handle the problems I have."

"I didn't plan to make your life harder. A relationship shouldn't be a burden. The question is, can you imagine having one with me? Maybe I can aid you indirectly in the achievement of your goals."
    and
    "All I can say is, since you are not averse to a relationship, and if you can imagine having one with me, go for it :) But if I am not the right one, I'd like to hear it straight out."

"Hm, I just don't know..."

"So what do you say if we spend more time together and have a look what develops out of it?

"Ok."

[different bla bla]

me, "So I contact you more often in the next time and hope you have time."

she, "yes, the best way to reach me is online anyway."

So, after sleeping over it and being sober again I think it sounds way worse than I yesterday thought. I mean this is practically nothing. I am afraid that she's too similar to me regarding relationships. Wanting one, but not being bothered about doing what it takes and as a result kinda chickening out, or not doing anything until every last hope is dead.

It would have probably been better if I just kept my mouth shut and forgot about her, now I'm in the middle of something, expecting a lot, but being able to lose it all. bleh.
  • Options
    It sounds sooooo in limbo to me Strubbs :( Like, she likes you, but not enough to make an effort, and trust me, that sucks. I don't want to see Strubbs getting more hurt by this girl!