Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Today's rant - at Sainsbury's:

The lady in front of me buys steak, pork pies, sausage rolls, white rolls, fizzy drinks, full fat butter and a few small cakes. Granted, it may have been party food but it was only enough portions for a couple of people. The girl herself was tiny.

I buy stir fry, 3 peppers, 6 grapefruits, a box of cherry tomatos, soy sauce, rice and a bag of onions. I'm a 14.5st 'whale' with more than a spare tyre. It is so wrong.
    katralla wrote: »
    . I think it's only unfit people who don't like it.

Thanks Katralla, actually the reason I don't like PE is because people see my cuts on my arm.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I loved P.E, just not the P.E kits :no:
    Being made to do gym in just P.E knickers and a t shirt is not nice...and making us play hockey in P.E skirts and knee high socks in the freezing cold is just evil :crying:

Well, we brought our PE clothing from home and could wear whatever we liked. Long, short, whatever. You have to wear PE trousers that are just like underwear? (or is there another meaning for knickers).

WTF skirts in PE? This is just asking for teenage boys' hormones shooting through the roof (do you have separated lesson from the boys?)
    We have to wear black short sleeve polo shirts, and trackies but only when the teacher is wearing them, or shorts and a netball skirt if you want to.
    I always wear a netball skirt in summer, I don't like just having shorts on.
    Xx
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Well, we brought our PE clothing from home and could wear whatever we liked. Long, short, whatever. You have to wear PE trousers that are just like underwear? (or is there another meaning for knickers).

WTF skirts in PE? This is just asking for teenage boys' hormones shooting through the roof (do you have separated lesson from the boys?)

Yeah, we wore horrible tiny netball skirts, and gym knickers, which are just knickers except thicker. And if we forgot our skirts we had to do it just in the gym knickers.
    grace wrote: »
    Yeah, we wore horrible tiny netball skirts, and gym knickers, which are just knickers except thicker. And if we forgot our skirts we had to do it just in the gym knickers.

I mean, apart from skirts being really unpractical (as in confining you in your movement) and gym knickers... I don't even go into the practicability of this. I - as a male gym teacher teaching a girls class - can totally see the merits.
    chant
    Our college rugby team had a game last Saturday. We have an opening chant called "Rectum Ranger" which (as you can probably guess) has some colorful language in it.

I checked my email today and some woman who was in town visiting her daughter sent me a self-righteous letter demanding an apology and attached a copy of a second letter which she sent to the school and the school paper. She's also attempting to get in touch with the university president and has gotten in contact with the woman's center (ironically staffed by a large number of women from our sister team).

Christ talk about someone needing a hobby!:banghead:

What are the words to this chant? Just curious.
    katralla wrote: »
    Girls love P.E. I think it's only unfit people who don't like it.

i hated p.e. because i was shit and it and got laughed at for being clumsy and making everyone lose. i hadnt been diagnosed with dyspraxia. bad times :(
    i hated p.e. because i was shit and it and got laughed at for being clumsy and making everyone lose.

This is why i hated P.E as well
    This is why i hated P.E as well
    Add to that the fact that my PE teacher used to pick on me (no, really) and that's my reason too.
    skakitty wrote: »
    and i laughed cuz the electric buses couldn't move :hyper: but i took the laugh back when i got home and couldn't make tea (all electric hobs) :no:

Yeah I wasn't in central-central but apparently every one was walking around like zombies :chin:
    And then I had to walk up 8 flights of stairs :grump:

I didn't like PE cos yes, unfit. Weird, always played lots of sports when I was younger but always been unfit. Oh well. But also cos our teacher was a psycho. And I HATED gymnastics and that was a common thing we seemed to do.
    Today's rant - I saw my first wasps this year. Surely they shouldn't be around until July should they? Luckily I have the dry ice machine and incense blocks to drive the buggers out.
    Monserrat, you can get these fake wasp nests and a wasp wont go near them. I guess, if you put them by a door then they wont come in the house.
    Xx
    I dont think i'm going to see my boyfriend for a while cause the new skatepark opened yesterday. Which might put a dampener on us being totally moved into our flat by next saturday
    My boss called me lazy and accused me of not doing my uni work when I asked to cut my hours down for a few weeks while my workload is really high the other day. He's never even been to uni or done a degree so he has no idea! And the guy ive been seeing and had a bit of a thing with over the last 7 months ended things yesterday because he's off travelling for a few months - despite telling me he'd see me when he got back. And I've got sooooooooo much uni work to do over the next few weeks and I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it well enough :(
    I have the feeling I have posted this somewhere else, but it's not in this thread, so I don't know.

I received a generous offering by a girl at a party to plow said girl, but I had to decline, because right next to me sat the girl of my interest and I just couldn't sneak away for sexy time without her noticing. And I would do anything to be with her, so this was a stupid situation. Declining sex is a bit like declining a small lottery prize.
    I kinda failed my mission to stop smoking :-/
    Xx
    I kinda failed my mission to stop smoking :-/
    Xx

People say that it's the hardest thing you'll ever do.

Bollocks. I gave up after 10 years of solid smoking and it's piss easy.

However, and here's the rub, it's only easy if you want to give up. I wanted to, ergo, it was simple.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I have the feeling I have posted this somewhere else, but it's not in this thread, so I don't know.

I received a generous offering by a girl at a party to plow said girl, but I had to decline, because right next to me sat the girl of my interest and I just couldn't sneak away for sexy time without her noticing. And I would do anything to be with her, so this was a stupid situation. Declining sex is a bit like declining a small lottery prize.

You, sir, are a fool.

Hand in your membership card on the way out, you're out of the Man Club.
    People say that it's the hardest thing you'll ever do.

Bollocks. I gave up after 10 years of solid smoking and it's piss easy.

However, and here's the rub, it's only easy if you want to give up. I wanted to, ergo, it was simple.

I don't want to, put I know I have to. It's a waste of money, and I've started smoking more than ever :-/ I went 4 days with out one, but I fucked that up today. A mate was smoking next to me, and I just needed one.
    Xx
    i feel like my head is gonna explode.

ive just got too much going on in it right now :(
    giles coren got married :impissed:
    You, sir, are a fool.

Hand in your membership card on the way out, you're out of the Man Club.

What can I say, I'm a gambler. The possibility of endless sex with a very hot girl seems more promising than the certain sex with a good-looking girl.

And if worst comest to worst, I am still in contact with girl#2, so not everything is lost ;)
    Ggrr I cant find a bikini I like in my size :(

All the ones in my size are plain or just disgusting and ridiculously expensive
    Lexi, what shops have you tried? I don't know what size you are but Evans have some nice ones
    http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?beginIndex=0&catalogId=20554&storeId=12553&categoryId=206495&parent_category_rn=201250&langId=-1&top=Y
    That's size 14+ though, so sorry if you are below that :blush:
    New look do nice ones too.
    Xx
    giles coren got married :impissed:

WHAT??!

:grump:
    I'm trying to sleep but there is too much door-banging and car-honking going on.

Also, me and Rich are going on a break for a month and even though it was my idea I'm not sure how I feel about it because now he's paranoid that I'm not going to come back.
    Kaff wrote: »
    WHAT??!

:grump:

i know! his wife is disgustingly pretty too. :mad:
    Goddammit thought i was gonna be able to finish my animation today, editing and all, but the stupid fucking thing won't work! Have to go in tomoro to get my teacher to help me. Permanent grump now :grump:
    I'm back to work on dreaded night shifts tonight after having 2 weeks annual leave :crying: