Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Meggles said:
    On holiday and the cash point ate my bank card. I have no money or anything.
    The wretched atm machine did it to me! Can you not contact the bank the machine is associated with? Or contacting your own bank would be most effective. I contacted mine and got my card back.

I gave you hugs. Let me know if you got your card back. It makes us so worried, I know.

As for me, I wants hugs because I doubt myself so much. It's so hard being alone and without a single offer of help to Sophie and me from my family. Don't laugh, I'm doing a bricklaying course. :blush:  I thought bricklaying would be a good trade to fall back on if I need to, plus it will help with my property.

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Left my £50 bra on the boat  :'(:'( it's okay to cry at that right? They've taken it to a different island as well!!! 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Left my £50 bra on the boat  :'(:'( it's okay to cry at that right? They've taken it to a different island as well!!! 
    Oh that's a bummer, but phone the ferry company, explain it's gone to another island and would they bring it back to be collected at your port. It's not going to be claimed by anyone without ID and I should think the ferry people would know you anyway so give it a try.
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Oh that's a bummer, but phone the ferry company, explain it's gone to another island and would they bring it back to be collected at your port. It's not going to be claimed by anyone without ID and I should think the ferry people would know you anyway so give it a try.

thanks, ive phoned them up and when i go down in june the ferry stops off at the island so ill pick it up then, apparently they can only hold it for a month so glad im going down again so soon! (the guy sounded a bit awkward when he asked me to describe my bra haha)    :p
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Floxy said:

thanks, ive phoned them up and when i go down in june the ferry stops off at the island so ill pick it up then, apparently they can only hold it for a month so glad im going down again so soon! (the guy sounded a bit awkward when he asked me to describe my bra haha)    :p
    Heh, it's not often blokes get to talk about bras. No wonder her sounded awks! :joy: Glad you're going to get it back, and not long now I hope.
  • Options
  • Options
    My lovely old Citroen got splattered with seagull shite. :grimace:
  • Options
    It's so hot inside I'm legit debating to sleep in the garden tonight... 
  • Options
    spenspen Posts: 1 Just got here
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    Allcudia's market today was nothing but tourist tat, but we did buy some more of that lovely wild thyme honey. I hate tourist tat, and shops selling the stuff. You'd think they could sell more interesting stuff!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Relationships!! Who’d have ‘em😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    been cutting grass all day, i can feel the rash starting already... damn hayfever!
  • Options
    there's some really nasty wasps around today. I swear it's far too early for them, but don't flay at them or they'll get mad and sting.
  • Options
  • Options
    tash_10802tash_10802 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Uh I guess I’ll just type about what’s happening rn I guess. Well I’m bisexual/queer and I like this girl Rosie and guy Alastair and i went on a date with each of them that didn’t go anywhere further for various reasons and I just found out that they are now dating each other and Alastair was telling me how happy he is right now and I was literally crying as I typed back I’m so glad you’re so happy, I know it sounds like a movie and honestly I wish it was cuz chances are it would end in a good way for me if it was a movie, but it’s real life and i can’t do anything.

sincerely, Natasha 15yrs
  • Options
    I was right about the rash. all over my hands :'( anyone know anything to help with the burning/itching? 
  • Options
    I was right about the rash. all over my hands :'( anyone know anything to help with the burning/itching? 
    Antihistamine cream would be best. Get some over-the-counter cream from your pharmacist, but ask their advice. If the rash continues, phone your doctor. In a phone call saying "urgent" would mean they'd get back to you quickly.

We got 81% humidity tonight and I'm boiled. Even the air conditioner is struggling. Perhaps I'd better check its filter before it gets dark. Hm maybe not. Heard a rumble of thunder. :grimace:

• Options
    @Floxy thanks, i'll ask about it tomorrow when i go up. i've got some cream to help with the itchyness but its the burning thats killing me  :'( 
  • Options
    @Floxy thanks, i'll ask about it tomorrow when i go up. i've got some cream to help with the itchyness but its the burning thats killing me  :'( 
    This  allergy sounds really nasty and shouldn't be burning like it is. Could you phone your doctor today or pop along to their clinic? You really should get this horrible rash seen to. I know it's hard not to, but try not to scratch it or the itch will get worse.

For the time being put your hannd under a tap's cold water. That should get the burning sensation down. Can you not buy some over-counter stuff? I'll pm you the name of the tablets now.x

• Options
    Thunderstorms have been terrible this morning though we welcome the rain to keep our tanks filled up. What I didn't like though was being woken by a freak thunderbolt crashing close to us that our building shook. But tonight at least our internet is back up again.
  • Options
    (Delete of not allowed)

@Floxy I can't go to the Dr's til tomorrow, they're closed at weekends lol. I've been walking around work with ice packs on my hands  :p  I hate hayfever  :/  although the rash is starting to go down! 
  • Options
    That's awful @BubblesGoesBoo :/

But let's hope you see them tomorrow Monday, and get a diagnosis and some good meds.
  • Options
    Gosh it's hot today! 30C
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    I really hate autism! Had a sensory overload before the exam didn't show and distress. Come out of the exam and gone to sit on my own like I used to do and I've just burst into tears. Had 3 staff round me trying to get me to say whats wrong.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Phone menus drive me buts. I want to speak to an agent, not an annoying phone menu!
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Floxy said:
    Phone menus drive me buts. I want to speak to an agent, not an annoying phone menu!
    I had a similar experience today, I wanted to call a doctor but you have to go through an answering machine, wait 20 minutes to reach the front of the queue, tell the receptionist everything and have a doctor ring back an hour later with the same questions!

After all of that, I still need the practice manager to email me which is gonna take a week probably. Why is there no direct line of communication for anything?
    I suppose a direct line would impact on employee time when they can otherwise be doing office duties. These call menus could make a patient person go extremely wild by the time they reach the person, so they'd have to watch their mouth lest the phone be put down on them. Which an agent would have every right to, or a doctor's receptionist. Therefore we have to be careful not to lose it.

Most times I lay the phone on my lap and play solitaire or a flash game, but it's the canned music I'm having to listen to. Over and over again.

It's totally unfair. Wouldn't it be wonderful though if someone had some tips on how to improve a phone menu? Then we'd all be happy.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Why is it sooo hard to find a decent 90s vintage windbreaker jacket that doesnt look extra or chavvy, online or anywhere. I found one but i cant find it anymore 😒
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hey @Shaunie you might find this site useful. Got some amazing clothes there, almost all are vintage. https://truevintage.com/collections/jackets-coats

I've just had a nurse give me a teeny little bit of insulin and I'm to eat in about 30 minutes. Also a blood glucose meter. The mmols showed --- * a little high but not seriously, so let's hope for the best. The blood test will be ready tonight where I'm to visit a diabetes clinic where I had the bood taken (also for keytones etc) so I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact I have type 1.

Another nark, that housekeeper didn't turn up this morning so I'm doing all the work myself. *Shit emoji*

* Edited out an amount

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Ah thank you @Floxy , one i ordered came this morning. Though i do like one of the jackets on that site
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley