Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i got my first pay rise today! :D

i'm getting two more in the next 12 months too. woooooo!

:)
  • Options
    YESSSS!!!!

I just got a job!!!! Art Department Trainee on a 6 week film shoot in London starting from next monday :hyper:

Im being paid shit all, and i need to figure out how exactly im going to live in london for 6 weeks with no money.. (dad im hoping!) and if im going to be able to bring my car across... but other than that im suuuper excited!!

The set decorater im working under is a big un who worked on body of lies (with leo dicaprio) and kingdom of heaven with orlando B, so im HOPING that if we get along and i do a good job then he can get me involved in some other big films in the future :yes:
    oooh im excited!!

oh, and on another note, i just weighed myself after a week of dieting and ive lost 4lbs . wahey!!
  • Options
    Yay
  • Options
    I'm feeling fairly normal today :D.
  • Options
    I've got the weekend off, whoooot!
  • Options
    Got a ticket for the Benicassim festival today :D
  • Options
    I feel like fan-fucking-tastic today, even though I've got work tonight!

It's a beautiful day, and summer is finally nearly here! Had the first BBQ of the year the other day.

I'm excited about finally starting Uni in Leeds in September. I've been guaranteed the halls I applied for and I've just finished my loan application. Already been chatting to a few people on my course and living in my halls.

My mates and I are planning on booking our holiday to either Greece or Cyprus at the end of the month, for 2 weeks in June/July. Well up for it.

Things are also going really well with the girl I've been seeing. I think she keeps hinting at making it official, altough I'm not quite ready for that kind of commitment yet, I'm happy with the way things are going at the moment. Still, I do like her alot so who knows where things will go.

Leeds are finally starting to find their winning form again! Back to second place, automatic promotion beckons!

And finally...NEARLY WORLD CUP TIME!!
  • Options

And... I got a new top with NINJAS ON IT!
    Xx

pix plx. :thumb:

It was an awesome night out yesterday and I am not hung over. The weather is so sunny that I can't imagine what to do first! I think I will post on theSite in SHORTS today!

wow. I'm feeling on top of the world.
  • Options
    http://www.tkmaxx.com/View-All/A-FINE-MESS-T-SHIRT/invt/15163026 (although I got it from Hot Topic not TK Maxx)
    Xx
  • Options
    lol, ok I thought real cool ninjas. all in black and white and a deadly arsenal of weaponry. Not kiddie anime ninjas.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    lol, ok I thought real cool ninjas. all in black and white and a deadly arsenal of weaponry. Not kiddie anime ninjas.

:yeees: Says Mr. I wear Pink ties.
    Xx
  • Options
    :yeees: Says Mr. I wear Pink ties.
    Xx

I was loaded and I even wore sunglasses I found on the ground there. I will make a photo of them later, because they are so hot.

at least it didn't have baby ninjas on it
  • Options
    THEY AREN'T BABIES! Gawd, Uncle Strubs you have NO fashion sense what so ever.
    And Ninjas, in any form, are cool. And WAY better than pirates.
    Xx
  • Options
    THEY AREN'T BABIES! Gawd, Uncle Strubs you have NO fashion sense what so ever.
    And Ninjas, in any form, are cool. And WAY better than pirates.
    Xx

Man I think I already hear Dr.Pirate through the tubes of the internet wading in here throwing boo boo words at you.

My fashion sense is unparalleled. I wear T-shirts with JEANS and people are like WHOA, hold on, buddy, are you for real? and I put on my sunglasses and be all like :cool: Yo, that's the new thing. And everybody does it now.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Leeds are finally starting to find their winning form again! Back to second place, automatic promotion beckons!

It appears I spoke too soon.

What the fuck are they playing at? Absolutely disgraceful.
  • Options
    boo boo words at you.

:lol: Oh my god don't start that again. Boo boo's are injuries NOT words.
    Xx
  • Options
    :lol: Oh my god don't start that again. Boo boo's are injuries NOT words.
    Xx

verbal injuries.
  • Options
    verbal injuries.

:rolleyes: How can an injury be verbal? If I hit you, that would be an injury. If I told you to fuck off, that would be an insult. But, of course, I'd never tell you to fuck off :p
    Xx
  • Options
    :rolleyes: How can an injury be verbal? If I hit you, that would be an injury. If I told you to fuck off, that would be an insult. But, of course, I'd never tell you to fuck off :p
    Xx

verbal injuries hurt too, but from the inside. Like kidney stones. Therefore injuries.
  • Options
    verbal injuries hurt too, but from the inside. Like kidney stones. Therefore injuries.

:lol: What'd hurt more, a verbal injury or an actual injury?
    Xx
  • Options
    :lol: What'd hurt more, a verbal injury or an actual injury?
    Xx

Depends on the injury and the verbal injury. If someone is calling you a poopy-head it might not be as bad as a broken jaw, but you'd probably come whining already when you step barefoot on a rock.
  • Options
    you'd probably come whining already when you step barefoot on a rock.

I'll throw the rock at you if you aren't careful ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    not to be a party pooper, but I have a guilty conscience of shitting this thread up.

That's why I'd be careful around you, you can't be trusted! After all you are one of the baby ninjas and they are cunning.
  • Options
    not to be a party pooper, but I have a guilty conscience of shitting this thread up.

That's why I'd be careful around you, you can't be trusted! After all you are one of the baby ninjas and they are cunning.

:D I am amazing, the top is amazing. End of.
    Good news from me: My cold has FINALLY gone
    Xx
  • Options
    i have just weighed myself and i have managed to lose all of the weight i put on over easter.

hurrah!
  • Options
    Not only have I lost half a stone recently, I came on today and I am not bloated and nasty like I usually am :D.

As an added bonus, the stretchmarks on my stomach that used to make me cry appear to be disappearing.

Today is a good day. Except for the pain, but that will go ;x.
  • Options
    Went to four lessons today :D Which for me, if quite impressive!
    Xx
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Not only have I lost half a stone recently, I came on today and I am not bloated and nasty like I usually am :D.

As an added bonus, the stretchmarks on my stomach that used to make me cry appear to be disappearing.

Today is a good day. Except for the pain, but that will go ;x.
    Yay, very good to hear :D

I just registered for my final uni class. By the time I graduate it will be 10 years since I took my first class. I never thought I would actually finish and the light at the end is there... dim, but it is finally there!
  • Options
    I've just got cable broadband in my new place in Wellington, NZ- so i might start getting addicted to thesite again- yeaaaa!! shame i'll be asleep for the chats though... i miss everyone! <3
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I've just got cable broadband in my new place in Wellington, NZ- so i might start getting addicted to thesite again- yeaaaa!! shame i'll be asleep for the chats though... i miss everyone! <3

:wave: oooh wonder what suburb you're in *may see you in the street even though I don't know what you look like :p*