Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Happy day! The two ladies paid me a lovely contribution upfront for their month's B&B. Also 2 clients paid me for doing their accounts. The bank will be happy at least. :lol:
  • Options
    Wow look at all those thunderstorms either side of Mallorca. https://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/europe/index.php Very lucky so far. Glad I fixed lightning conductors across the roof when I replaced the tiles yesterday.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    After much debate with my team im allowed a 2 week supply of meds for going away! Kinda scared to be trusted with this many but given them to my friend so she can dish them out when i need them lol... look at me being all adulty and responsible!!! :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    After much debate with my team im allowed a 2 week supply of meds for going away! Kinda scared to be trusted with this many but given them to my friend so she can dish them out when i need them lol... look at me being all adulty and responsible!!! :hyper:

That's lovely of your team and even kinder of your friend. Happy holiday (when you go) :)

My happy news was a fantastic seafood paella made for lunch by Sophie. I don't mind saying it was the best I've ever eaten. Delicious!
  • Options
    Today we harvested 45 bales of hay all stacked up thanks to a couple of helpful strong men. Since they didn't want payment for their efforts though I had to pay for their harvesting/bailing machine, we fed them a hearty lunch and some to take back for their wives and children. See? This is one way of making such wonderful friends who end up becoming family. Since my own family have disowned me for splitting up with 'b', this has come at a very welcome time. Both are such lovely guys, both with children. Their wives are so nice, very Mallorcan and genuinely friendly. So, where one door shuts - another opens.

We'll be getting some livestock. Sophie wants a billygoat. Oh, and she's calling our farmhouse Starlings Nest. Very apt. :lol:

Now we have full legal residential permits to live in Mallorca permanently there is no way we will be returning to England.
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I finally found Holland Park to be a lovely place to settle. My house is Georgian, its large garden exquisite and backs on to the park. Being there is remarkably quiet, even in the centre of the capital.
  • Options
    Had a great time away, gutted to be home now though. but managed to get through the holiday without self harming! longest ive gone in years!! also my friend was so beautiful walking down the aisle, i cried haha... they make a perfect couple  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Have I had some fun today! I'm on a bricklaying course and the instructor said I had a natural talent and gave me top marks. It's not all bricks though. A lot are breeze blocks or granite, or natural stone that once wet-cut from quarries, dry to iron hardness in the sun.

Been learning to make various types of cement, too. The course starts early as it gets far too hot by lunchtime. It's fun and fascinating and best of all, I feel so good for having my work praised. The down side though was having the piss taken by blokes thinking I shouldn't be doing it, but tough!  :3
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    This is just in real. A couple of months ago i was sent an offer to do some work on a short film. I have been in talks with my boss and i am so shocked at this I am meeting my boss for the first time tonight (Yes you lucky lot don't have meet tonight in chat). This means i Start Saturday Still doing the Under 16s as far as i am aware ... But to probably most mods delight i won't be around on Sundays for a while! I am so happy!!!  =)=)=)=)
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Abigail said:
    This is just in real. A couple of months ago i was sent an offer to do some work on a short film. I have been in talks with my boss and i am so shocked at this I am meeting my boss for the first time tonight (Yes you lucky lot don't have meet tonight in chat). This means i Start Saturday Still doing the Under 16s as far as i am aware ... But to probably most mods delight i won't be around on Sundays for a while! I am so happy!!!  =)=)=)=)
    Good luck Abi! Hope your meeting goes well!  :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    fell in love with a pair of shoes while i was away but they were £90  :cry: and the car was already over loaded, but just went on there site and theyre on sale for £35... its fate!  =)
  • Options
    fell in love with a pair of shoes while i was away but they were £90  :cry: and the car was already over loaded, but just went on there site and theyre on sale for £35... its fate!  =)
    buying them? Go on, go for it! =)
  • Options
    Floxy said:

all ordered, they will be mine in 2-3 days!  =)
  • Options
    Floxy said:

all ordered, they will be mine in 2-3 days!  =)
    YAY! I'm so happy for you! =)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I bought a Canon G10 from an old guy who had hardly used it. He was asking 40 euros for it, but in fairness I paid him 50 for the great condition it was in. The camera though old is14.7 megapixels, has very fast autofocus and sits comfortably in my hand. It's a heavy camera, hardly a pocket job for being built like a battleship. It takes lovely pictures. I like the +/- ev which gives a lot of control so altogether I think I got quite a bargain. :)
  • Options
    @Floxy .. they came!  =)=) £35 well spent!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    WOW @BubblesGoesBoo don't they look outrageous! Those look just A-mazing! :joy: I did wonder what 'bat winged' boots looked like. Just love that pink, too! When Soph wakes tomorrow I'm going to show her those boots. She'll go wild (and want a pair) ;)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2018
    My sister has been watching Maze Runner and now she keeps calling me ‘teresa’ because she thinks i look exactly like the actor who plays her - Kaya Scodelario. She used to call me kaya or effy- when she would watch Skins.
    Massive compliment cause Kaya scodelario is pretty and yeah , i can see more similarities with sherk and dont see where she comes from. But then she used this app where you use photos to see celebraties look alike and it actually said i look like her. Which is sooo weird. Personally think dont look that similar but will take the compliment🙃
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I was given my late aunt Peggy's notebook, a thick book containing great Spanish recipes. She also wrote some amazing booze recipes, including what is an absolute belter of a Sangria! omg I'm sipping some now and it's - :joy:

So if anyone over age 18 would like Peg's sangria recipe, please pm me.
  • Options
    Pay dayy🙃got paid twice as much for some reason. Maybe hoilday pay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    the top manager at work just donated to my birthday fundraiser on fb and i currently feel like the best employee! haha  =) that paired with my new boots and matching underwear today i feel like i can take on the world! Hoping this feeling lasts, even just for tonight :)
    Post edited by BubblesGoesBoo on
  • Options
    Been given my hours for the weekend and i am really happy with them! No more 5 am starts! As well i can make forum on Sunday so made up!!  =)
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Told my family about my relationship today and honestly couldn’t be happier with their reaction!! :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Think its great that Instagram have an option to see the support services for when you type in things that could be dangerous to view. I dunno why i sometimes type in “anorexia” i feel the need to compare and trigger to harm mysel cause hate myself.
     But instead of veiwing the posts i clicked on “get support” and sent a message to samaratians instead :)
  • Options
    Well ... I didn't expect this. I am going to be an auntie. I really wish i didn't find out on mine and my bf 2 month anniversary but in a way i am sort of happy to know. Arggggg to much change!!!!!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Abigail said:
    Well ... I didn't expect this. I am going to be an auntie. I really wish i didn't find out on mine and my bf 2 month anniversary but in a way i am sort of happy to know. Arggggg to much change!!!!!
    Aww Abi that is fantastic!!! Congratulations!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Abigail said:
    Aww Abi that is fantastic!!! Congratulations!
    Thanks. It feels so wired. Everyone keeps telling me i would be a fab auntie. I don't believe them. 
  • Options
    reached my goal on my birthday fundraiser! :)