Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relatively happy/good news thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited November 2018 in Positivity Corner
share!

im feeling happy tonight because just maybe.. i might be moving to derry in n. ireland to live with my boyfriend :) in his dad's house but his dad is lovely so im so pleased. test run in the summer but fingers crossed! his dad is also involved with a lot of charity work and quite well known for his work in the local hospice so i would have somewhere to work over summer even if it's just voluntary.

any good news here?
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're going to think I'm such a geek for posting this, but after spending my whole WoW time looking for a guild of nice, friendly people that don't have sticks up their arses or ignore me completely or are full of immature little boys, I have finally found one who are lovely and amazing and awesome. And tonight we did our guild first kill of Hodir (which isn't much to most of you WoW-ers but it's a Big Deal for us, since most of us had never been in there before).

I are happy at WoW :D.
    my good news is that i am doing well at uni :)
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    You're going to think I'm such a geek for posting this, but after spending my whole WoW time looking for a guild of nice, friendly people that don't have sticks up their arses or ignore me completely or are full of immature little boys, I have finally found one who are lovely and amazing and awesome. And tonight we did our guild first kill of Hodir (which isn't much to most of you WoW-ers but it's a Big Deal for us, since most of us had never been in there before).

I are happy at WoW :D.
    I've never even seen Hodir, despite my guild having downed Yogg ;[

I have happy news though, I'm actually happily in a relationship with a girl who isn't fictional :D
    I'm happy because I have a good idea of how to do my short animation for uni, hoping it actually works.

And also because I'm feeling more confident about initiating flirting on a night out and hopefully getting back in the game :)
    im happy coz im getting my flat soon hopefully and im going on hols :)

plus the other half got a job as a kayak instructor, so it is good for him but not for me, as he is gonna have to move away for 9 weeks. But it makes him happy so im happy lol
    I'm in an unfunny amount of pain. I've just got back from the hospital where the doctor confirmed that I have cracked a rib playing football. And the worst thing about non-perforatory rib fractures is there's nothing that can be done - just wait for it to heal. Arse biscuits.

It really, really hurts.
    Here is some good news: I have not been kicked out yet *touches wood*
    I go to Spain a week on Sunday yay! :yippe:

I got a week of night shifts to get through first though :crying:
    I'm in an unfunny amount of pain. I've just got back from the hospital where the doctor confirmed that I have cracked a rib playing football. And the worst thing about non-perforatory rib fractures is there's nothing that can be done - just wait for it to heal. Arse biscuits.

It really, really hurts.
    That's not happy, silly.

But can you not even take painkillers? I can barely deal with a dodgy wrist without painkillers popping out of my eyeballs, I can't imagine a broken rib without them :eek:.

DrP - you should get your guild to take you through to Hodir. It's fun. Challenging as all hell, even though we were for the most part slightly overgeared for it, but fun. Even if we did wipe four times before we downed him :D. The other fights we did (Razorscale, XT, Kologarn & Auriaya - they did Ignis and Flame Leviathan last week when I wasn't there) were pretty boring and you know, mostly just a case of 'pew pew and move out of the bad stuff', but Hodir is a whole different ball game because there's soooooo much going on.
    I've done the first 4 Ulduar bosses, + Iron Council, Lologarn and Crazy cat lady. I've seen the General Vezzax fight, but none of the keepers. No one really runs Ulduar now though, what with ICC being out and all. I guess I'll have to wait a while before people start getting nostalgic for it =\
    Passed my Grade 7 dance today and have been invited to train as a benefits adviser with a charity. Might not take them up on the offer but it makes me happy as I'm confident I'll get a job in an area I want when I graduate :D
    katralla wrote: »
    Passed my Grade 7 dance today and have been invited to train as a benefits adviser with a charity. Might not take them up on the offer but it makes me happy as I'm confident I'll get a job in an area I want when I graduate :D

*steals yo job* congrats miss :)
    Ive got a job interview on friday :D
    Ive got a job interview on friday :D

*Likes* :thumb:
    Im happy because my animation idea worked :D 30 second down, another 2 minutes or so to go!
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Im happy because my animation idea worked :D 30 second down, another 2 minutes or so to go!

cool stuff, can't wait to see it :)
    i'm happy because i visited a nursery today at work and made lots of little 3/4 year olds laugh and smile :)
    I'm happy because I got a uni offer through today :)
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    I've done the first 4 Ulduar bosses, + Iron Council, Lologarn and Crazy cat lady. I've seen the General Vezzax fight, but none of the keepers. No one really runs Ulduar now though, what with ICC being out and all. I guess I'll have to wait a while before people start getting nostalgic for it =\
    If your guild are doing ICC (like I said, Hodir is a Big Deal for us because when I joined like a week ago they had only just cleared Naxx....which I still haven't done) then Ulduar should be a roflstomp. Aren't you a mount whore like me? Why not ask them if you can do some achievement runs or something?
    New girlfriend = no time for WoW. And to call me a mount whore would be nice, I'm up to 82 now :D
    I have a number of things to do today including ironing, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, dusting, hoovering etc. (Mother in law to be coming to visit).

The fun thing on my list for today is that I need to water the snow. We still have snow in the back garden and the boyfriend wants to put down grass seed and lay a patio, so I have been tasked with watering the snow.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sera wrote: »
    I have a number of things to do today including ironing, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, dusting, hoovering etc. (Mother in law to be coming to visit).

The fun thing on my list for today is that I need to water the snow. We still have snow in the back garden and the boyfriend wants to put down grass seed and lay a patio, so I have been tasked with watering the snow.

:wave: hello!
    My happy thought right now: It's lunch :lol:
    Xx
    **helen** wrote: »
    :wave: hello!
    Hi Helen, it's nice to see you again :)
    Loads of work and research done today, and I've stil got all of this evening too -good feeling.
    I went to the college disability people today where I'm hoping to go to college next year and it seems that there is lots of support for people with mental health problems so I'm looking forwards to starting college now. The meeting went really well.
    I bought new shoes. Hooray!
    I passed my driving test this week :)
    It's Friday tomorrow :D
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    It's Friday tomorrow :D

:yippe: YYEESSS
    Xx