Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Solpadol and alcohol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been off the Solpadol for 6 months now and still got a few lying around. I know I need to be careful about mixing codeine with alcohol but if I took the recommended dose of the painkillers with a relatively small amount of drink (say 2 pints of cider) am I risking anything on a major level?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    2 pints...

Shouldn't be a problem, although why not just have none instead?
    I most probably will but in the event of me ending up having a drink, 2 pints is usually my maximum these days.
    Its more the paracetamol in the tablets which is more of an issue, alcohol and that dont mix well.
    that ammount in my experiance should be ok.....ive mixed opiates(codiene and tramadol) and alcohol before and had a whale of a time, never with paracetamol though so maybe a bit of caution.....
    Hey guys I've taken [content removed] not to be paranoid but is this safe? Stupid question
    Hey @Leafsummer,

Well done for reaching out for some help with this. Really concerned about your wellbeing though, so we would advise that you seek urgent medical attention and have yourself checked out to be safe :yes:

Since this is a super old thread, I'm going to close it. But please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you'd like to, and do let us know how you're getting on.
This discussion has been closed.